Adolph Levy & Bro. Ltd. (ALB), which has been in operation for over 30 years, is a privately owned Customs Bonded Warehouse strategically located close to Jamaica’s Main Port of Entry.
Our principal activities are the warehousing of imported containerized goods, both personal effect and commercial, along with insured in-bond cargoes, that are speedily stripped and stowed until its inspection on-demand and assessment of duties by our partner, Jamaica Customs, who are stationed at our facility for convenience.
ALB was founded in 1894 as a merchandising company that traded mainly in the import and export of guns and ammunition. In 1910, it began buying and selling goods on behalf of its clients then later changed to dealing in the supply of dry goods to supermarkets. However, after changing ownership on a number of occasion the company became insolvent.
In 1984 Shipping Services Limited Group of Companies took over the ownership of ALB and changed its mode of operation from merchandising to becoming a privately own Customs Bonded Warehouse located at 77 – 87 First Street, Newport West.
Our Executive Chairman, Mr. Erol Smith joined Shipping Services Group in 1996 and in 1997 he took over the management of Adolph Levy from his father, the late Mr. Reginald Smith. Since then the facility, with its 60,000 square feet of storage space, has undergone several infrastructural and customized technological upgrades, and improved security to include a 24/7 close circuit surveillance camera system and 24 hour security personnel to ensure the safety of your cargo. We will handle the documentation and we offer efficient customs inspection and clearing, with customs agents stationed on location.